I had a brilliant idea for my Vegan Makhani Gravy: using an avocado to provide the fat component of the dish instead of the usual calorific heavy cream. It turned out amazing! So I did the same for pasta!
This amazing creamy pasta dish doesn’t need any of the usual suspects that make a dish extremely heavy and high-calorie. All you need to do is blend an avocado with a bit of oat or almond milk to get the same creaminess!
Creamy Avocado PastaCourse: Lunch, DinnerCuisine: Italian, Fusion
1 red bell pepper (cut in squares)
1 zucchini (small wedges)
1/2 white onion (sliced thin)
4 garlic cloves (minced)
10-15 chestnut mushrooms (wedges)
2 medium avocados
50ml oat/almond milk
2 servings pasta (according to the packet)
2 tsp hot paprika
1 tbsp Oil
1 tsp lemon juice
- Heat up oil in a medium heat pan and add in zucchini and peppers. Season.
- Keep it al-dente! Once it softens slightly, add in garlic and onions.
- Again once it softens a bit add in your mushrooms.
- Season lightly and let everything cook for a bit. If you think the veggies are softening too much, lower the heat. You want to keep the crunch and texture!
- Add paprika.
- Purée the avocados with milk and cook your pasta.
- Add the puree and pasta and mix everything together nicely.
- Adjust consistency with some more milk if you need to.
- Season with salt, pepper, and chili flakes.
- Squeeze lemon juice over it and serve!
- The beauty of this dish is the veggies. Remember to not overcook them as the crunch with every bite is phenomenal!